Wifi problem...connecting to IP then disconnect constantly

Last Updated:

1. Eddie_E

Eddie_E Member This Topic's Starter

Just turned on my desire today and tried to connect to my home wifi which im on at this moment on my laptop and keeps trying to obtain Ip then just disconnects... I'm sure this has been a common issue, I can't be that unlucky?? Cheers

Eddie

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

This appears to be the same issue that Hero users have had for a while, head over to the Hero forum, there is a huge Wi\fi thread ver there

3. Eddie_E

Thanks for response and I followed link and many other links and Ive got as far as finding its seems to be a Belkin router issue and after 4 hrs searching and trying things i feel like giving up on my home network... will try on my office network to verify this but currently using my internet pass through with lead to use phone which will have to do :-(

Eddie

4. Eddie_E

Just checked on my office wifi, completely different router Netgear and different security and does the exact same thing obtaining ip address and the disconnect, can I really be unlucky twice but I don't have any other routers to try it on so may just take it back to Vodafone for them to prove the wifi actually works in the phone!!!

Eddie

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

Hi

This happened to me when I visited my brother last week in Sweden and "borrowed" his wi-fi connection. It worked fine for 24 hours then kept disconnecting like you describe. I went into the wifi settings and "forgot" the connection and then set it up again (putting in WPA etc) and that seemed to sort it out.

6. chr63

chr63 Member

I have no problems with WiFi on my Desire HD I can usually pick up all open network at home we have belkin no problems and also Apple router which i have problems sometimes i put that down to apples own issues if I turn WiFi off then on it works fine

7. candidatuo

candidatuo New Member

This is the 2nd time is happening to me. First time, only factory reset could fix the issue. Both times I noticed I had left the BT on for few hours before this happened. Now I am looking for something easier than resetting to factory default