• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi problem...connecting to IP then disconnect constantly

Thanks for response and I followed link and many other links and Ive got as far as finding its seems to be a Belkin router issue and after 4 hrs searching and trying things i feel like giving up on my home network... will try on my office network to verify this but currently using my internet pass through with lead to use phone which will have to do :-(

Eddie

Upvote 0
Just checked on my office wifi, completely different router Netgear and different security and does the exact same thing obtaining ip address and the disconnect, can I really be unlucky twice but I don't have any other routers to try it on so may just take it back to Vodafone for them to prove the wifi actually works in the phone!!!

Eddie

Upvote 0
Hi

This happened to me when I visited my brother last week in Sweden and "borrowed" his wi-fi connection. It worked fine for 24 hours then kept disconnecting like you describe. I went into the wifi settings and "forgot" the connection and then set it up again (putting in WPA etc) and that seemed to sort it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones