• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi problem

mikefla

Jul 14, 2010
Florida
Ok my wife and I both have DX's I have a Netgear rangemax router in my house.. For some reason as soon as i turn on any wireless protection on my router my phone will not get a good connection to it but my wifes phone still does.. If I turn off wireless protection my phone works great!

The only other thing i have wireless in my house is my laptop and it works fine either way.... HELP!!! I know this sounds crazy! i have even tried all the diffrent types of wireless protection on my router and they all mess with my phone.. I hate to leave my wireless open beacuse i do live in a nieghborhood and i dont want to problems... P.S i tried switching phones with my wife but she wants no part of the deal :)

Ok my wife and I both have DX's I have a Netgear rangemax router in my house.. For some reason as soon as i turn on any wireless protection on my router my phone will not get a good connection to it but my wifes phone still does.. If I turn off wireless protection my phone works great!

The only other thing i have wireless in my house is my laptop and it works fine either way.... HELP!!! I know this sounds crazy! i have even tried all the diffrent types of wireless protection on my router and they all mess with my phone.. I hate to leave my wireless open beacuse i do live in a nieghborhood and i dont want to problems... P.S i tried switching phones with my wife but she wants no part of the deal :)

What kind of network encryption are you using (WPA/WEP/WPS)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones