• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi problem

Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy Gio (Model number: gt-s5660) and I'm using android 2.3.3. When I try to connect to my personal router, it goes through this connecting, authenticating, disconnecting cycle endlessly and is never connected, but when I'm using public wifi, it works like a charm. It seems like this isn't a singular problem, many users are getting the same error (but no fix). So far I tried restarting the router and the phone and it didn't worked. Please help!

Ps: My router is a Huawei HG655b, Firmware version: V100R001C02B018.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy Gio (Model number: gt-s5660) and I'm using android 2.3.3. When I try to connect to my personal router, it goes through this connecting, authenticating, disconnecting cycle endlessly and is never connected, but when I'm using public wifi, it works like a charm. It seems like this isn't a singular problem, many users are getting the same error (but no fix). So far I tried restarting the router and the phone and it didn't worked. Please help!

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I moved your thread over here so maybe you can get an answer to your situation:)

Upvote 0

Try removing the authentication on your router. Attempt to connect with your phone then? If it works then you know it's either a)an authentication incompatibility with your phone or b)just a bug in the process.
I've often had b) happen to me. a) will occur if your phone doesn't support the authentication method of the router, but it shouldn't be. My wifi router uses WPA2-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 with Pre-Shared Key) and it works fine for me.

Reactions: Atreides28
Upvote 0
Try removing the authentication on your router. Attempt to connect with your phone then? If it works then you know it's either a)an authentication incompatibility with your phone or b)just a bug in the process.
I've often had b) happen to me. a) will occur if your phone doesn't support the authentication method of the router, but it shouldn't be. My wifi router uses WPA2-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 with Pre-Shared Key) and it works fine for me.

Thanks for your reply! But I don't know how to disable authentication on my router, I can't seem to find it. This is my wireless menu for the router:

5ju0rt.jpg

Upvote 0
Try to change a few settings like the band with used you have both 20/40MHZ enabled on your screenshot, maybe selecting only 20MHZ will solve the problems, sometimes you just have to try to change some settings, like try changing the channel to a fixed one rather than automatic mode, a few devices don't like the automatic mode. If everything fails, change the router to a DLINK or better brand.

Reactions: Atreides28
Upvote 0
I've tried every imaginable setting, and it simply does not work (except when I use no security settings at all). I'll try buying a new router in the near future too, to see if it works then. But still, I can't manage to figure out whether it is a problem with my router or with my phone.

Try removing / deleting this network from your phone and then Re-scan.

I had this problem and the reason was that I had changed my Key at router. My phone was trying to connect with old password.

Upvote 0
Try to change the password used for your router, ...

I struggled with similar problems: no way to get the connection working.
Resetting the WiFi specification on my Gio for the problematic WiFi network solved the problem.

I found good guidelines on justanswer.com on how to do this.
This forum does not allow me to give the link because I'm a new user...
So Google for "justananswer galaxy wireless connection not working"
Open the page on just an answer and do a Search on that webpage to find the instructions: "Please do a quick reset".

Hope this also works for you!

Thomas Caesens

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones