• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi redirect login cannot use Viber

melthd

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
alright.. i cant seem to find any so i'll just start a new one.
Device: Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman
Android 2.1

my school has a wifi but uses a web redirect login page. Im able to use the browser and login just fine, but Viber doesnt seem to be able to recognize that i've already logged in?

Hi there,
This is a member of Viber's development team.

Do you mean that after registration has been completed (receiving access code etc..) when you try to use Viber you can't get inside the app and have to do the registration process again?

If not please elaborate and we'd be happy to assist. :)

Thanks!
Viber Team

Upvote 0
wow ... erm its like i connect to school wifi, and (on PCs) it will redirect to a login page to enter my credentials before allowing me access to the net. Otherwise without entering info, it will be "Connected" yes, but without net access.

So of course Viber cannot open login pages.. :( But using my phone browser im able to login and surf just fine

Upvote 0
It sounds like your school WiFi (like most school networks) is blocking most ports, including Viber's ports.

There are Viber's ports that need to be opened on the network's firewalls/routers:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

Try contacting your school's network admins and see if they can enable these ports. If not, unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones