• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi Tether Router App does work, but anyone know of app that works for USB tether?

Nickforever216

Sep 5, 2014
USA, Cleveland, Ohio
I bought and installed "Wifi tether router" works great! I just wondered if anyone knows of an app that works with Galaxy s3 that supports tether through USB? For folks who still like using Desktop computers. I don't wanna shell out $50+ for Wifi adapter for Desktop. I got the $55 dollar 10GB plan. I've used Software to tell me how much data I use on regular internet and I never go over that thresh hold. Get great 4g speeds in my city. Figured Id dump my over priced $50 internet save a buck.

Download Easy Tether Lite from the play store and install the drivers for your PC from the Mobile Stream website.

I've used it on a couple of different Androids to tether without a problem. However, some carriers do block it. The Lite version allows you to check whether it works with your carrier (basically it just blocks 403 traffic but allows regular web browsing). If it works, then pay Mobile Stream ten bucks one time and you go from lite to full.

How to tether Android - EasyTether. Android tethering for Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Fedora, PS3, XBox, Wii, Windows

Good luck.

Thanks man bought the app you suggested and working good! :)

Oh, and if you have a free USB port on your desktop you can buy this little wifi interface instead. It's $13, not $50:

Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WN723N Wireless N150 Mini USB Adapter,150Mbps,w/WPS Button, IEEE 802.1b/g/n, WEP, WPA/WPA2: Electronics

Thanks again! But I am funny on wifi on desktop. Stick to the USB for security reasons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones