• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] wifi turns it's self on

jayjmarlo

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
My wifi radio keeps turning it's self back on after I turn it off. It's always done this as far as I can remember. I've got the sprint phone with freedompop as my carrier. I've disabled the sprint connections optimizer. I actually thought it might be the freedompop messaging app though I tried going through the app settings and couldn't find anything there. Any ideas?

My wifi radio keeps turning it's self back on after I turn it off. It's always done this as far as I can remember. I've got the sprint phone with freedompop as my carrier. I've disabled the sprint connections optimizer. I actually thought it might be the freedompop messaging app though I tried going through the app settings and couldn't find anything there. Any ideas?

are you sure that you've disabled the Sprint optimizer? because I too had this issue a few times and that fixed it for me as it did for others, if not try going to your WiFi settings>Menu button>Advanced now change it to "only when plugged in" which means it will only keep wifi on while the phone is in use, unless its charging, so that will at very least lessen the problem or you can change it to never keep it on while asleep, also make sure Wifi timer is off.

still having issues after that? then try following this guide about logcat https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/71566/my-wifi-turns-on-randomly-and-automatically
and hopfully you'll be able to figure out what is turning on your Wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones