• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wildfire weather

Please help, about a week or two ago i started having issues. The phone knows my current location but shows 'no weather data available'. It shows the weather for other cities but not wherever i am.Makes no difference if i'm connected to wi-fi or mobile roaming. I have tried all the settings i can find, nothing works. I dont know if its the handset or the provider(which is 3). Everything else works a treat on the phone. Getting frustrated by it now.
Many thanks Al.

I have only had my WF for 3 days and It started doing the same thing on day 2... Mine would show other locations weather but not my current location... so I deleted all the other locations... except for my current... Mine would also change locations when it felt like it... So now it only has one location to update and check... but it still shows data unavailable alot... I'm now looking into another weather app... this one is way to cheezy.

I really have no answer for u... Sorry. But your not alone.

Sad thing is I can't delete the weather widget that came on the phone... I just seen its from HTC so that explains the problems... Anyone know how to go about deleteing this app... It has no uninstall too it....

I'm looking at either the weather channel app... or weatherbug... any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Hi guys, im not on 3 but at one point did experience a similar problem with my weather app....

try going into the app and clearing the cache and then try again to update your weather app.

It worked for me, good luck.
Matt

if clearing the cache dosnt work clear data aswell and force close, then you can set it up again from scratch and it should work. it did for me.

Upvote 0
if you are looking for a nice weather app etc, try beautiful widgets on market.
tons of clock skins, and weather skins. set up home screen widget with clock and weather, set your own location or geo tag. you can fully customize looks.
choose between google and accuweather, and when you touch weather icon it opens for full details. also quite a few other functions:D

Upvote 0
if you are looking for a nice weather app etc, try beautiful widgets on market.
tons of clock skins, and weather skins. set up home screen widget with clock and weather, set your own location or geo tag. you can fully customize looks.
choose between google and accuweather, and when you touch weather icon it opens for full details. also quite a few other functions:D

Just bought my wildfire 2 days ago and updated software and had same problem, but downloading the beautiful widgets works great. Thanks for advice on that widget. :)

Upvote 0
I think I might have figured this one out.

I live in Wandsworth in London, so when I'm at home and update the weather via wi-fi it recognises where I am and all is good. Yesterday I was in another part of London, Sutton, and went online via mobile internet to check some football scores, and the mobile internet recognised me as being in Sutton so my Wandsworth weather page showed 'no weather data available'. Even when I was back home it showed as not available. However once I went online at home in the recognised me being back in Wandsworth and updated my weather page correctly. Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
Can I change weather forecast source on my Wildfire? It is not precise. Can I simply redirect my phone to another server and get more precise weather forecast on default HTC application?

No you cant change the source sadly
Maybe download beautiful widgets, they give you a selection of either Accuweather or Google but you might want to think about how much space you have
Or you could download an app if its available for your required weather provider

Upvote 0
Thanks anyway! Can you suggest me any precise weather widget?
No you cant change the source sadly
Maybe download beautiful widgets, they give you a selection of either Accuweather or Google but you might want to think about how much space you have
Or you could download an app if its available for your required weather provider

Can you tell witch app you are using?

Upvote 0
Im using The Weather Channel, because im rooted and using cyanogenmod, it comes preset
P.S. Lol i see the previous comment failed when you tried to quote me, a simple edit would have sufficed :p

Thanks! Well, I'm new on forum, so I need time to get in to this.... :) Woooow, I don't know what is cyanogenmod, but... Whatever. :) I'm gonna try to change the registry and sign another weather server in default app! Good luck for me! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones