Will a Droid Razr case fit a Droid razr HD?Tips

1. Mallissa

Mallissa Well-Known Member

I am getting my Droid Razr HD next week, and I have been looking all over for a case. I can find Razr Maxx cases by the hundreds, and Droid Razr cases, but very few Droid Razr HD cases. Will a Droid Razr case fit the HD??

Advertisement
    :
  2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Probably not if it is a hard shell case. The RAZR HD is 8.4mm thick; the MAXX HD is 9.3mm. Other dimensions are identical. Maybe a jelly case would stretch the extra .9mm. But there's not much play because there is no bezel on the phone, so the case edges are almost not there already.
  3. wr_orion

wr_orion Member

I notice you're asking about using a Razr case on a Razr HD, but the previous poster is comparing the HD to the Maxx HD.

I'm also going to say that the answer to your question is no but for different reasons.

Razr HD dimensions are 67.9 x 131.9 x 8.4mm
    Razr dimensions are 68.9 x 130.7 x 7.1mm

So the non-HD Razr is about 1mm wider, 1.2mm taller and 1.3mm thinner which is pretty significant.
  4. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

No one mentioned that the charging and hdmi ports have been moved from the top of the RAZR MAXX phone to the side of the RAZR MAXX HD phone. I have both the RAZR MAXX and RAZR MAXX HD and the custom covers are not compatible with each other.
  5. Harold1980

Harold1980 Member

The short answer is no. The phones have different thickness's.