• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will my Galaxy Note work in Brazil?

Sinful

Lurker
Mar 19, 2011
Hello,

Been lurking and getting answers from you guys for a while now but haven't found a thread for this particular question. I recently purchased a Galaxy Note unlocked and was wondering if it will work in an upcoming trip to Brazil? I haven't even opened it in fear I might mess it up using a local sim card from here lol. So I'm using my Optimus V in the meantime. I'm hoping it's as simple as popping in a local (Brazilian) Sim card and turning the phone on.

Another question I have is, how different will it be compared to being used in the US. Android market: Will the free apps at least be available? Google Maps:Will it work OR will there be a similar app that could be used instead? If using a local card is a non issue will calls work properly?

Really appreciate the help :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones