• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Will the DInc suck 1A of juice from any car charger that we know of?

MattIsGreat

Jun 18, 2010
Title says it all: I've sent back the car charger i got from HTCPedia, and need a new one ASAP. Now that I know a little more about how these chargers work with the DInc, I want to make sure I buy one that will charge the phone at 1A instead of 500mA. Do we know of any car chargers that, from 1st-hand experience, will charge the DInc at 1A? Remember, the specs on the charger do not necessarily tell us how much the phone will take while being charged.

You will not regret this. :D
you are correct! this solved my problem

Thanks, please let us know how it works. I'll probably be ordering it within the week but would wait a bit longer to hear your opinion on it first.
i drove home today at 85 percent and turned on bluetooth, gps, and wifi just for the hell of it and i got home with 86 percent. short drive

Upvote 0
you are correct! this solved my problem

i drove home today at 85 percent and turned on bluetooth, gps, and wifi just for the hell of it and i got home with 86 percent. short drive

Alright then, I ordered one today. Thank you for letting me know how it worked out. I will also share my experience for anybody else who has been wondering how it works. To me this was quite an important thread, I hope some others have been checking up on it in anticipation as well. For those of us who haven't upgraded our batteries, it sucks when using the GPS, or bluetooth, or a music player while driving, just to see you've drained your battery a LOT when you reach your destination. Hopefully this will no longer be the case!

Upvote 0
I use a Belkin FM Transmitter and it puts out a full 1A. Using GPS, streaming Pandora, and transmitting via FM, my Inc. will charge and maintain a full charge now. :)

Can you give us the model number or a link? I am looking for something that will charge when using streaming audio and gps. Also does FM transmitter transmit all sound? If so hows the quality?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones