• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will The Htc Desire HD work in Canada?

this might sound stupid, but i just don't get it!!!
why 'HTC Desire Z' with the following network specs is compatible with 3G+ on all Canadian providers (e.g. Rogers) but 'HTC Desire HD' with the EXACT SAME network specs is NOT?!!!

Network
Europe:
HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Asia Pacific:

HTC Desire Z Specs:
HTC - Products - HTC Desire Z - Specification

HTC Desire HD Specs:
HTC - Products - HTC Desire HD - Specification

HTC Desire Z Compatibility:
Will HTC Desire Z for Bell work with Rogers in Canada?

HTC Desire HD Compatibility:
Will HTC Desire HD European version work with Rogers in Canada?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@eatearther
if you're going to buy it in HK , cross the "border" and go to Shenzhen , futian district , donmeng lu (street) , any cab driver will take you just say electric city , you will save another 200$ (can$) , i had my wife do some price checking down there , hey a plane ticket to HK + the cost of the phone is still cheaper then if i buy it here unlocked ........ i guess they fly them in in first class..... champagne M. HTC desire hd ? , or are they(canadian telco's) really devious in politely asking me to bend over ?

Upvote 0
this might sound stupid, but i just don't get it!!!
why 'HTC Desire Z' with the following network specs is compatible with 3G+ on all Canadian providers (e.g. Rogers) but 'HTC Desire HD' with the EXACT SAME network specs is NOT?!!!

Network
Europe:
Asia Pacific:

HTC Desire Z Specs:
HTC - Products - HTC Desire Z - Specification

HTC Desire HD Specs:
HTC - Products - HTC Desire HD - Specification

HTC Desire Z Compatibility:
Will HTC Desire Z for Bell work with Rogers in Canada?

HTC Desire HD Compatibility:
Will HTC Desire HD European version work with Rogers in Canada?

Because the Desire Z that Bell got is a 850/1900 MHz HSPA/WCDMA device.

Upvote 0
Because the Desire Z that Bell got is a 850/1900 MHz HSPA/WCDMA device.

That's right. And looks like Canadians are getting their version of Desire HD as well, which will work on AT&T unlike the European version.

Have a look at the site http://phonecompatibility.net again. There is a reason why there's two version of Desire Z - one says "European version" and the other says "for Telus". If you live in US (and with AT&T), you will want the Telus version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones