Will the Incredible receive Android 2.2 Update?General

Last Updated:

1. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it true that the Sense UI causes the Incredible to not be able to upgrade to the latest Android firmware?

I emailed HTC asking if they were planning on supporting 2.2 on the device. Would it be possible to wipe the device and install 2.2, getting rid of 2.1 and sense all together?

I was going to purchase my Incredible this evening, but I might wait now. Not being 2.2 compatible would be a turn off.

Advertisement
  2. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member

The Incredible will never get 2.2

And the search button doesn't exist.

(sarcasm)

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Yes, it's compatible with 2.2 and confirmed it will get it.....eventually.

There probably are 5-6 threads going on about this since it was announced today. Take a look at those.

4. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

You can't upgrade to 2.2 froyo directly from google. For the incredible you'll have to wait for HTC/verizon to release 2.2 rom with sense on it.

5. sail4fun201

Thanks for the info. I searched for "incredible 2.2" and got nothing. played around with some search terms and found the threads you were talking about.

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Of course the Incredible will get 2.2. Directly from today's I/O: Most devices released this year will be upgraded to Froyo.

Sense does NOT mean the phone cannot be updated. It just means that HTC will need to put their input onto the update since it isn't vanilla Android, thus instead of a 1 man show, our update requires more hands in the process. Only thing this does is cause a longer wait period since it goes through Google then through HTC/VZW, instead of directly to the phone (which will eventually happen with the aforementioned scenario, but again, it will take longer)

sail4fun201 likes this.
  7. Roceskt

Roceskt Well-Known Member

Try "android 2.2" cause yeah, "incredible 2.2" does not exist. Try google. You'll find all the info you need there. I know cause i already did.

8. sail4fun201

I was using keywords. I wanted a thread with the words incredible and 2.2 in it. I am aware that the incredible 2.2 does not exist; I wanted posts pertaining to both Android 2.2 and the Incredible.