• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Win 7 PC wil not connect

trinaz

Lurker
Mar 2, 2013
Having trouble syncing my new SPH-D700 Samsung Epic with my Outlook 2003 Windows 7 Pro 64bit PC. Running the latest Samsung Kies version for the Samsung. I can connect the data connection between phone and PC via usb cable without issues...and can transfer files...docs...jpgs...etc smoothly without issues.

But when I try to connect to sync my Outlook 2003 Contacts & Calendar to the Samsung...my Kies screen just shows "connecting" and the little circle keeps spinning for hours...no connection made. I have run the Kies diagnostics but it completes without any indication or reporting of what the issue is or how to solve it ?

Since my data connection with the PC and phone works smoothly via usb...what can be causing the syncing operations with Outlook to fail...or more accurately...to not connect ?

I also have a Blackberry phone that syncs fine via Blackberry Desktop Software with Outlook 2003. I do not have the two phones connected at the same time tho.

Thanks, TiminAZ

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones