• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Windows 7 64 Will not recconize Behold 2

dyson

Apr 20, 2010
Ok Guys and Gals i am about to pull my hair out
I have two Issues
The mounting and unmounting of the sd card, I read up and Ordered a class 6 verbatum card Should fix that issue right?

But the big Issue is my windows will not recognize the behold 2

When I hook it up it tells me usb device not recognized
then inside it says
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) Port_#0006.Hub_#0005
I have tried to install the usb drives I found on this site but it will not allow them to install

I have gone in and deleted My upper and lower system file in the registry

I have bought a new cable < universal> I did not have the OEM cable and Samsung refused to send me one said it was tmobiles responsibility

I ahve hooked it up to a Vista 32 bit system and nothing,
Also when I hook it too the usb it only shows charging no usb notification on the screen.. i seem to remember reading it should have a usb symbol on the upper right corner?

Btw I have also already set the system setting to usb mass storage..

So thats where I am HELP

ok did that and when i installed it i hooked up my behold 2 and got a audible notification in windows that something was hooked up but no icon and it didnt show the usb symbol on the behold 2, the only time it seems to show the usb icon is during a reboot for some reason.
the rest of the time just the charging icon

Upvote 0
you will need to download the alternate drivers here. http://www.junefabrics.com/bin2/SamsungUsbBehold.zip

then you will have to disable driver signing at boot (repeatedly press F8)

Just to be sure, I'm trying to load android_usb.inf, right? I tried it, I tried hitting F8 & selecting the disable driver signing and it still shows drivers are unsigned. It does display the phone as a Samsung USB composite device- I guess that's a step in the right direction? Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0
Here's a reply I received today from Samsung:

Dear *****,
Thank you for your inquiry. While Samsung does not support the use of our handsets in conjunction with the Windows 7 operating system at this time, should your PC have the 32-bit version of this OS, the drivers within PC Studio may work on Windows 7 32-bit.
Unfortunately, Samsung does not currently offer drivers compatible with a 64-bit operating system. We are unable to speculate when/if this would be available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may present.

Upvote 0
Ok heres how I was able to get mine windows 7 x64 to see behold 2 correctly. First I did the setup.exe that came with the drivers after it said it did not install correctly I turned my phone off waited a sec and then turned it on in download mode. Hold volume down+dpad ok+ power button and held it till it came on. After that windows asked me for the drivers and I pointed it to the folder I unzipped them to.

Now what I can't get to work is odin. It sees it cause at the top it says
"Odin Multi downloader (SGH-T939)" But when I go to click start after selecting all the files and checking the one package box it says connect phones. Soooooo WTF?!?!

Upvote 0
Wrong. I use a 64 bit windows 7. You just have to know how to load it correctly and follow directions.

Directions:
1) Reboot your computer
2) While rebooting spam F8 until you options come up
3) Turn off Driver Signature Enforcement
4) Install & enjoy!

You must boot this way anytime you want to use ODIN, adb, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones