• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wipe sd card

If you are planning on staying rooted, just move any folders you want to keep onto the PC with the phone in disk drive mode. Then you can move them back after the format. Otherwise, do what Lunatic said and do backups as soon as you're back up and running. Either way should be safe, I just hate the idea of having zero backup even for a short time but I'm a nervous Nelly about these things.

Upvote 0
Ok. Yeah, I just typically save the entire folder for Clockworkmod and Titanium at minimum. If you have apps on SD, might want to save pertinent files for those as well. That becomes the issue especially if you have a phone for an extended time. Probably have a lot of junk that can be ditched on there but with Apps2SD in play, you might lose some settings which is why I typically just weed out stuff I know I don't have anymore, then do a wholesale restore of the rest. Maybe that's more than you were asking for IDK. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones