• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wired headset in call volume is low

If you find the music is low too, it may be a contact issue. The design of some 3.5mm jack plugs coupled with the recessed 3.5mm Socket on the phone can mean that the jack plug doesn't make perfect contact with the counterparts within the socket, resulting in low volume. Put simply, they don't always fit in all the way.

Has it got 2 plastic bands around the plug or 3? If its 3 its a TRRS connection, which I have never heard of lo volume before. Usually they are TRS (2 bands) but then not all.

Upvote 0
To clarifiy the Desire has a TRRS headphone jack (3 rings). Some headphones with TRS (2 rings) connectors work perfectly with it and some can't establish a proper connection resulting in low volume. I personally have had no problems with my TRS headphones (I've tried some Sony earphones and Sennheiser HD205s) but from what I hear a lot of people have problems with their headphones. I suggest you try some other headphones. Especially the supplied headphones since they have a TRRS connector. If the audio volume doesn't improve, your problem is caused by something else.

To illustrate:

5vzx49.jpg

TRS on the left and TRRS on the right

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones