• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wired Tether/Internet Connection Mode

LSU316

Jul 20, 2010
I can't seem to get wired tethering to work. I have installed HTC Sync. Whenever I connect the phone to the computer I choose Internet Connection Mode. I have also tried plugging in and choosing Power Only and then switching to Internet Connection Mode manually. Note whenever I connect with Internet Connection Mode HTC Sync does not see the phone. I still cannot get internet access on my laptop with the wire. The mobile hotsport works great. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong with the wired connection???

ETA: I think this might be a driver issue with the High Tech Computer driver that failed. Any known issues with that driver and Windows 7 Pro 32 bit???

I can seemingly connect, but then after a few minutes of surfing, my connection is lost. I think it's probably provisioning on Verizon's side. As soon as a few minutes pass, I'm bounced, but when I connect, I can actually connect. Have you tried contacting Verizon Tech support? I thought about doing it once or twice but didn't want to hear them say, "Oh you need to pay for Tethering if you want that feature, would you like me to bend you over for another $20.00 a month?"

Upvote 0
That sounds like connectivity issue. Here in NYC everything looks good
15hehyb.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones