• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless capabilities

janman74

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
I have 2 wireless networks in house.
Can you tell me if my phone (Android 2.3.4, Verizon"s Droid 2 Global) can recognize stronger connection and connect to closer/faster router automaticaly when I move from room to room, just like PC does? I haven't found any setting nor app. I don't want to keep changing it manually.

I have 2 wireless networks in house.
Can you tell me if my phone (Android 2.3.4, Verizon"s Droid 2 Global) can recognize stronger connection and connect to closer/faster router automaticaly when I move from room to room, just like PC does? I haven't found any setting nor app. I don't want to keep changing it manually.

My gf lives at a college dorm and she has separate internet and internet provided by my college.

Therefore, when at her place I always have the option to choose either the internet on campus or hers. I have both saved on my phone, currently a Galaxy Nexus running CM10, and the phone seems to choose which connection is stronger, i have seen it periodically turn off the internet provided by the college and turn my gf's on.

I don't know if its just because the internet from my college sucks, or some kind of built in feature that allows the phone to connect to the stronger of the 2 signals. However, if the phone loses the first signal and the second is strong it should automatically reconnect to the other one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones