• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless IP camera, does anyone have one?

Hi. I have one hooked up in my garage. You need to have power for the camera and wifi available if you want to be able to stream it over the internet. I have mine also saving to a wireless NAS drive but the camera itself supports hanging a drive directly from it.

The camera I have is a Trendnet TV-IP312W. I got it from NewEgg. You can set it up with trigger points to send photos or video or just let it stream. In order to be able to see it on your phone you need to get a DynDns account which gives you an IP address on the internet.

In order to see the output on your phone you need either IP Cam Viewer or Tiny Cam. Either of them work very well and you can also view traffic cams if you want. The setup of the camera on your router is a bit of a pain.

Upvote 0
Yes I downloaded both of them today and they are both amazing I now need to get a camera but the cabilities of both of these are just amazing. Now my question Is in Ip Cam viewer it will give a huge selection of camera categories and sub categories to choose from. Tiny Cam doesnt have this otion. I really would like to know how to get cameras to choose from besides downloading Wold Scope which doenst have that many streaming cameras. And also where could I get camera Ip addresses to put in both apps.

Upvote 0
Yes I downloaded both of them today and they are both amazing I now need to get a camera but the cabilities of both of these are just amazing. Now my question Is in Ip Cam viewer it will give a huge selection of camera categories and sub categories to choose from. Tiny Cam doesnt have this otion. I really would like to know how to get cameras to choose from besides downloading Wold Scope which doenst have that many streaming cameras. And also where could I get camera Ip addresses to put in both apps.

As I said above "In order to be able to see it on your phone you need to get a DynDns account which gives you an IP address on the internet."

Both Ip Cam viewer and Tiny Cam have similar setups. You choose your manufacture and then the camera itself and then input it's location.

Upvote 0
As I said above "In order to be able to see it on your phone you need to get a DynDns account which gives you an IP address on the internet."

Both Ip Cam viewer and Tiny Cam have similar setups. You choose your manufacture and then the camera itself and then input it's location.

Ok yes but Iam not talking about the Ip asdress to acess your home security camera Iam talking about how to get Ip adresses for more free way cameras or other locations that are not avaible from the selections.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones