• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Woke up and mo S2 isent working!

maraxion

Jan 4, 2014
Hello.
So last night I put my S2 to charge and this morning it was on the black and white smsung logo(first one).
Iv tried resets with no avail.
Tried recovery mode with v-up, home and power with no go. It only gooes to the above logo twice.

I can go into download mode, and got myself a version of odin and files. Added the files at AP, connected the phone and pressed start. The nand write started and after a few minutes I got error(red). So any ideas or is it time for a new phone?

Edit: btw its got stock rom and only thing iv done in the sast is changing pit files to get more space.

Wel I used the pit file almost a year ago and its worked good since. Thats why i stated only :)

Wel its An GT-I9100(gsmh)
Carrier is telenor Norway

As for software im sorry but I dont have the links here. I used files I had avalible on my computer from before. But as I stated this dident hapend when I altered anything and I havent done anything since. Also the rom on the hone should be stock.
As for the pit file its named: i9100_Pit_Files_3GB_-_8GB_Collection_by_metalgearhathaway. Not sure but I think I used the 6b file.

Upvote 0
Your probably getting the failure because you are using the wrong firmware. I'll look it up.

Thaks, thats awsome :)
Im open for other builds aswel, but primary I just need my phone working again :)

Also not sure if it helps but when I put it in download mode and opened kies it just said connecting forever, And I had to pull the battery to get it out of download mode afterwards.

Also Im using odin 3.10.7. The com never gets yellow, only blue. Unsure if thats an version issue.

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I can download all and just retry until i get it working?

I wouldn't do that. Is your bootloader unlocked? Doesn't sound like you have TWRP. If your boot loader is locked you will only be able to use the most recent official release.

Here's your stock pit, just in case. Don't use it until you've tried everything else. Also a bad USB cable has caused many a failure.

Attachments

• Stock_i9100_2gb_Pit.zip
    748 bytes · Views: 226
Last edited:
Upvote 0
No I havent altered the phone or boot loader as far as I can remember.
Il try the Odin Files you sent, great! Il try the 1.85.

So no chance now to ientify the rom version iv got on there? The file I have on my computer from 2013 is an NEE file btw: I9100XWMS1_I9100XXMS4_I9100NEELS1_HOME.tar.md5
But il try the 2 4.1.2 you sent atleast and see.

Upvote 0
Hm.
Seems it on the old version it should be yellow, the new blue. Both are ok here so I think the cable is ok.
But on the newer version 3 I get errors on the files and on the old 1.8 the process just continues for hours at end. So i just cannot seem to get it to flash.

Also when the flash crashes I need to remove the battery to try again. Seems it locks somehow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Err, log box? You mean the message box?
All made with same file.

Odin 3.09:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Odin 1.85:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWLSW_I9100XXMS3_I9100TENLS7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> boot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
Continues for hours.... No stop.

Odin 1.30
<ID:0/004> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/004> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/004> Please wait..
<ID:0/004> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/004> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> cache.img

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I Agree svim. The phone got to be 4 years and 364 days before it went. But there is one thing Id like to know before I toss it.
It seems I only have a few of my contacts on the sim card.
1. So even if I managa to fix my SII with Odin, wil all my contact be gone?
2. Also If I buy a new samsung or orhter android, can I backup my contacts from Kies that I took a year ago?

Its been a good phone to me, but nothing lasts forever!

Upvote 0
Your contacts should be automatically restored through Google. I've never used Kies so I couldn't answer that. Everything looked OK on the log, so maybe svim makes a good point.
Sorry.
Pour_one_out.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones