• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WonderMedia WM8650

Hi, i got the chinese Tablet 9.7HD green LED and i used the ROM Universal (hybrid) HoneyCombMOD Uberoid for WM8650, and i used all the options that works on my tablet, but i still having same problem, the wifi works, rotation screen works all works, but the screen is distorted when the keyboard appears, can anyone help me? Thanks guys
:afraid:

Upvote 0
How long did you wait for the UBEROD screen to go away

should only be between 5-10min or rule of thumb,choose another option for your size tablet and Please backup your env file (UberoidTool) !!! :D

20120708215512.jpg

or

20120708215703.jpg

NEW Universal WM8650 Uberoid v12.1

Changelogs:

• v12.1:
  • * market "flush" to get access to all apps is NO LONGER needed!
    * added CyPad model as option 137
    * added TekNotes ICS fixes
    * various small fixes
    * updated changers
    * merged with Leeh33's mods (GOOD performance boosts!!!)
    * updated play store to 3.8.17
Thanks to HCH and TecHKnow team

Upvote 0
Hi guys , i am new here and got a tab from a friend.
its a wonder media wm8650 tablet , that can not turn on.

I was try to idenify the model, it took 2 weeks of searching , i have no idea i truly say.

I did take apart , the inside is the generic removable cpu card with the string: m009s_v1 , the motherboard have the sign of : m009_v10 , the swith board have the number : m009s_v9 , it have the vt1603 chip i and the horrible touch screen. mainboard color is green. battery 1800 mAh , made from 2 cells.

When i recieve it , it had broken touchscreen and cant turn on, now its taken outside from its case , and laying on the box , if i insert a tf card with sripts it start up and saying : wm8650 android 2.2 upgrading ... , and never leave this screen. I got all stock rom for this eken versions from a service techincian who works for eken basicly. I try all those , same results. I try all related uberdroid options , none works , give the same saying.

what i know of the tablet now:
blue led
4gb storage
no vibrate
7" 800x480
black connectors
wifi is rtl8188
have vt1603 controller
resistive sreen
in its best days was silver encased.
charger 9v , battery 7,4v.
not innolux lcd (no brand , i have no idea).
the motherboard is 2011.06.09.
2x 1w 8 ohm speakers , no lm4871 on board.
friend said : it was android 2.2 on it , id become dead after try to install a custom rom.

if i try to boot the 7" smart book windows ce 6 , it works okay , and can start from its own storage after reboot.

no other software works even for boot.

i did re-flash the u-boot using spi programmer also.

i am out of ideas now, no one can say i give up too early i guess.

i am not sure its even eken now , if someone can help identify , or solve my problem i'll be happy, i want to make it a touchscreen multimedia player.
it may seem to be stupid idea , but without the case it cant be used as tablet :rolleyes: , ( case thrown out in an angry minute ).

Upvote 0
HI , the processor is wm8650 its on a green card fit in a ddr2 socket , with the 256 mb ram provided , 2x 128 i assume , because 2 chips.
card version is m009s_v1. i tried options : 2 , 21 , 20 , 22, and all m009 versions from the list, i did backup the env file , i tried all epad versions too , and all 7" version have 4gb in name , and via8650 generic tried also.
yes i used uberdroid tool.
win ce6 install , and after reboot lots of files missing , but it boots up.
i made a pack that need to copy back to the system directories , and now msn , ie, media player, tcmcp works well , i can use lan internet , it gives dhcp automaticly , and sound works also , 480p and 720p with 1000-1400 kb/s bitrate can enjoy fullscreen.
i found an mp3 player and extracted the cab file by hand and put on the device , works okay. youtube does not work at all , i am working on to port the google offical ce app to it, and find a browser , that works okay.
spent my weekend on this , if you or anyone need my work , i am glad o provide and can write instructions also to it.
Since i have no touch screen i use a wireless usb mouse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones