• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WORKING]CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8

So it wont mess with anything to open ROM Manager>Press the first option ("Flash ClockworkMod Recovery").
I am assuming this allows us to use CWM without booting into recovery? Thanks in advanced.
You got it buddy :)

Pressing the first option will flash the official build over Playful's previous build. It's the same recovery, but the power button now works to select stuff in addition to the search button.

This allows you to backup/rename/restore through rom manager. Renaming will be done without a reboot, and if you choose backup/restore through rom manager, it will boot into recovery and automatically backup/restore. Saves you a little time rather than manually navigating CWM. You can still manually boot (Power button + Volume down) into CWM and manually backup/restore too.

Reactions: Bionic Chronic
Upvote 0
You got it buddy :)

Pressing the first option will flash the official build over Playful's previous build. It's the same recovery, but the power button now works to select stuff in addition to the search button.

This allows you to backup/rename/restore through rom manager. Renaming will be done without a reboot, and if you choose backup/restore through rom manager, it will boot into recovery and automatically backup/restore. Saves you a little time rather than manually navigating CWM. You can still manually boot (Power button + Volume down) into CWM and manually backup/restore too.
Was just a tad hesitant haha. I was worried I would mess u the recovery haha. Anyway flashing it in ROM Manager was a Success!! Thanks bro.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. I'm getting the same issue here as the last few posters... "trying a new path." Then "Sending 149 zerglings".

repeats about 5 times, then "Zerglings did not leave interesting stuff"

Then permission denied. twice.

I actually had an issue connecting with regular adb, so went with adb wireless. That worked, but some of the commands I had to manually copy/paste from the batch file into the adb command prompts.

so I don't think I got the full recovery installed. (specifically replacing the mmcblk0p4 file with cwmrecovery.img). some reason it doesn't allow that. I even tried moving it out and copying the other file over using a root explorer, and still couldn't do it.

any way, I'm almost tempted to run ROM Manager, even though I've been cautioned against it by several on this forum.

Is it the actual installation of CWM that messes it up, or the creating/restoring backups that is the problem with that software on this phone?

Upvote 0
Hmmm. I'm getting the same issue here as the last few posters... "trying a new path." Then "Sending 149 zerglings".

repeats about 5 times, then "Zerglings did not leave interesting stuff"

Then permission denied. twice.

I actually had an issue connecting with regular adb, so went with adb wireless. That worked, but some of the commands I had to manually copy/paste from the batch file into the adb command prompts.

so I don't think I got the full recovery installed. (specifically replacing the mmcblk0p4 file with cwmrecovery.img). some reason it doesn't allow that. I even tried moving it out and copying the other file over using a root explorer, and still couldn't do it.

any way, I'm almost tempted to run ROM Manager, even though I've been cautioned against it by several on this forum.

Is it the actual installation of CWM that messes it up, or the creating/restoring backups that is the problem with that software on this phone?

If you want to root then go to the framaroot post and download the app and root the marquee, that solves the root problem

Upvote 0
Each time I try to root or install CWM it gives the error

"Sending 149 zerglings"
"trying a new path"

Over and Over!

Root permission is denied as well as CWM.

Someone please help.
I previously had the Prevail and it was simple. LG Marquee is my only difficulty!

Go on the framaroot post and that should solve your root problem

I keep trying but with constant errors. All drivers are installed.
I tried with this guide to absolutely no luck on my part!

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-your-updated-lg-marquee-phone-step-step.html

Like I said, Prevail was cake compared to this phone, I just want to have my CTMod back on my new phone!

Upvote 0
If you want to root then go to the framaroot post and download the app and root the marquee, that solves the root problem

I already have root. I just now confirmed with "root checker". I did it using the framaroot program that you mentioned.

Anyway, My real question was regarding installing CWM. Is there a compelling reason that I should not use ROM manager for that?

I'm curious if the it's the initial install that messes things up, or if it's making backups and restoring those backups that is the problem.

I don't have an issue using CWM to control my backups. I'm simply curious why/what the issue is with ROM manager and this phone.

Upvote 0
I already have root. I just now confirmed with "root checker". I did it using the framaroot program that you mentioned.

Anyway, My real question was regarding installing CWM. Is there a compelling reason that I should not use ROM manager for that?

I'm curious if the it's the initial install that messes things up, or if it's making backups and restoring those backups that is the problem.

I don't have an issue using CWM to control my backups. I'm simply curious why/what the issue is with ROM manager and this phone.

The issue is that it bricked a couple of people's phones. simple enough. But as mentioned by a few others, your mileage may vary. Some people love it, others don't. But make sure you read the documentation and understand what the app can and cannot do.

As far as cwm, you may want to read up on the touch thread; it has caused some folks issues with the baseband of their phone.

hope this helps...

Upvote 0
so, i am having issUes joy, im not sUre if its a bUnk phone or framaroot , issUe 1. i try to tether my phone to the internet and it disconnects Usb ,2 i plUg Usb cord into phone/compUter and nothing aboUt safely removing hardware even comes Up, 3. im not sUre if this happened before frama or not bUt its a problem i was dealing with ,my phone will not save contacts so i have to remember people by nUmbers/texts that were sent, what i was really wondering oUt of this is , if i did a factory reset woUld it hold root even know i cant restore? maybe somehow that will fix my problems if i am lUcky if not im stUck with a rooted incapable rom phone haha, another thing, maybe its the stock boost marqUee is it rUnning on something that cant be cwm'ed? i had to kdz it on my last phone boUght a new one becaUse i broke it on a lenoliem covered wood floor lol , so also coUld it becaUse im on zv4?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones