• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would love to see this kind of app..

DDave

Nov 17, 2009
I'm not a developer, but I think this would be a great app (and may exist).

I use a app to create a shopping list, but often forget that I have added items to it when I walk into any given store.

I know there are apps like Locale that change your ringer settings etc. based on locations.

Would be nice to have an app that would "RING YOU" when you walk into a store, lets say "Walmart".. and based on that location your phone would ring and bring up the shopping list app.

Just a thought..
:)

Tasker will do this. Locale might as well. Don't know.

Yes, Tasker will do this but you'd have to define each store location and setup a separate profile for each store. That would really only work if you always shop at the same store.

It would be really cool if there was an app that would integrate with Maps or something, and you could set it to notify you if you were, say, within 500 meters of ANY Walmart store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones