• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy Nexus S?

Again read my previous post that containing a link to google forums so you can follow LOT of users having the same problem!

1. Nexus s hang freeze after certain minutes in idle.
2. Removal of the battery is the only way to restart
3. It happens intermitently i would say every 20mins
4. Hard reset / wipe/ already done but still having the issue
5. Sent many times to samsung repair center but they cannot solve the issue
6. This is not related to t he restart issue before. This is way worst.

Upvote 0
Again read my previous post that containing a link to google forums so you can follow LOT of users having the same problem!

1. Nexus s hang freeze after certain minutes in idle.
2. Removal of the battery is the only way to restart
3. It happens intermitently i would say every 20mins
4. Hard reset / wipe/ already done but still having the issue
5. Sent many times to samsung repair center but they cannot solve the issue
6. This is not related to t he restart issue before. This is way worst.

well I am sorry to hear that it isnt resolved I will let you know how my white one goes when it gets here next week

Upvote 0
This thread should turn into "Would you buy the Nexus S or wait until N3..Dec.."

Android and Me and You (aka Where did Taylor go?) – Android and Me

By screen shots I mean like threads that show off the screen layouts people have. Just showing off their custom home screens and designs etc. Like they have for the Evo. It's not a big deal, I just like threads like those.

Okay, big rumor here.. I've posted something like this before in several Nexus threads. First, if any of you follow Android and me, you know of Taylor Wimberly. He has just resigned from Android and me. Sad, I know. Moved to another tech company. You can follow him on Twitter and go onto Androidandme.com for his story. As you all know he would stir up some of the best rumors and have the best facts and details on upcoming devices out of any tech blogs. My opinion anyways. He left one last rumor at the end of his final post.

he said "p.s. I know everyone loved my Android Insider rumor reports so I’ll leave you with one final tip. LG Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 by Christmas…"

Now I know that is some time from now, but I've said it before(not knowing it was going to be from LG though). If you look at the Nexus history of launch, N1 Jan '10, Nexus S Dec '10 which was almost a year and that is about the time of a successor to any flagship phone. Heading back to Dec this year will be about another year, Dec '11. I've been asking myself, do I wait? If you look at Tegras road map, they mentioned T3 by the end of the year in devices. Personally this changes the game of waiting for me. Will you be wrong to wait? No. Will you be wrong to get the NS now? Not at all. It will still receive the update of course and it is an awesome device still. I mean it is a Nexus phone. But with the latest hardware would be even better. The only thing I could miss and hope for the future Nexus phone is the type of screen and sexy form factor. Another question you might ask yourself is, will Google try & get this out to all carriers on a timely manner? If not, then in a way that's like fragmented. Yea, it's pure, but by time you get one, less then a year later the successor is on it's way because the movement is not for all carriers on a timely manner.

I don't mean to get ahead in this thread. Just thought I spice it up some what thanks to Taylors juicy rumors and embed this in the back of your minds. When it comes to a more solid reality then you'll all be like oh, yea!

Upvote 0
Or just get both like me :)

I just might do that as well to be honest. I just want to be able to use my upgrade that I've had since Nov and then buy another phone strait up. In time things will become more clear and I can let the early birds on a few devices go and see what does what for me. In the end I'll be happy. I think the summer and Xmas are the best releases for phones. Dec represents the new year so innovative things come. & summer speaks for itself. The famous iPhone and Evo yearly anniversary.

Upvote 0
I just might do that as well to be honest. I just want to be able to use my upgrade that I've had since Nov and then buy another phone strait up. In time things will become more clear and I can let the early birds on a few devices go and see what does what for me. In the end I'll be happy. I think the summer and Xmas are the best releases for phones. Dec represents the new year so innovative things come. & summer speaks for itself. The famous iPhone and Evo yearly anniversary.

Yea my nexus S white will be my phone till Dec when nexus 3 arrives. Then I will make my nexus S my dev phone for my app that I'm thinking of making

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones