• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy or sell a used device?

Reactions: leo321 and BrianJB
Awesome! Im a used android buying junkie. In the last 6mo ive bought a samsung omnia, a moto devour, an incredible, and recently droid x all off of craigslist. Being a truck driver has its benefits lol. Im always checkin CL for the areas im heading towards. It was so much easier before craiglook got shut down :-/

Upvote 0
Swappa is great, I've sold around 10 devices on there. Everything is smooth and Ben is a really cool guy.

The front page looks a little dated (mostly old phones), but the concept is nice, with the "buy" and "sell" buttons by each device.

Looks like a good alternative to eBay, etc.

The homepage is determined by how many of a device there is, the Nexus One is first because there are more of them than any other device for sale, and so on. :)

Upvote 0
If you can belive it, most carriers have an area to recycle used phones, and lo and behold, they also sell refurbished phone's. Wonder where they get them. Atleast if you buy from ebay, or craig's list you get the ability to help someone, make a little back when they put out the big dollars for a new phone. I'm not talking about businesses but the average Joe or Jane.

Upvote 0
I would buy and/or sell a used Android device. In fact, I recently purchased 3 used HTC EVO 4G phones.

I first purchased an HTC EVO from craigslist and immediately thereafter, I purchased one for a relative on eBay. These were Sprint HTC EVOs and my plan was to have them both flashed to the Boost Mobile Network. However, on the same day after I purchased one of the phones, I saw an HTC EVO on craigslist that was newly new that had already been flashed to Boost, so I purchased that phone also.

I will sell one of the two unflashed EVOs.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones