• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you trade Eris for Moto Droid?

hmmm so i wonder how he got it at 145 for an etf.
i just did the math so if they deduct 10 bucks
then it would be 280 or 315

ha confusing but best of luck to him...

Unless he did a one year contract?

The ETF is based on the original phone put on that line. Which in my case was a LG EnV 3 with no data plan. The ETF cost for a none smart phone is something like $175, and it is reduced each month. So, since I am within the 30 day return policy for the Eris, AND its been about 6 months since I started my contract, the ETF is only $145.

I may be wrong on the starting point for the ETF but I have had several people confirm that it is currently $145 for that line, and since the Eris was not a subsidized upgrade, my ETF remains the same as it would be for a "feature phone".

Upvote 0
why would you be paying an etf to return an eris and get an incredible? you're keeping service so you wouldn't be canceling a contract right?

ETF $145 (see above) + $99 for NEW Droid on new line = $244

Cost of refurb'd Droid through CPO = $289

So I am saving $48 and getting the peace of mind that its a new phone, not some lemon that keeps getting passed from customer to customer. Only problem is I get a new phone number to remember... lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones