• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 ergonomics - one handed phone call making, and general use

hodders

May 14, 2010
I am hoping to get a X10 this week (am long time SE fan for the camera ability on their handsets but this time need a smartphone for google apps AND good camera features).

How do you find the fact that the three physical buttons are way down at the bottom of the handset ? Ergonomically it looks (and feels) like it will be uncomfortable to use .................... and with many of the options (eg compose message) at the top of the screen, it looks like on is always stretching across the screen ... ! is this correct ?

the HTC Desire appears like it might be more comfrtable to use, especially for one-handed use ... which is how I would try and make phone calls.

Your feedback / thoughts very much appreciated !

thanks

The X10 is a pretty nice phone, some of my few gripes are the idiotic placement of the mic, which is located on the bottom side of the phone
42862717.jpg

So if you're using the phone and it rings, I usually answer it like this.
img0002hu.jpg

Which leads to my friends saying they can't hear me, and my phone sucks, rah rah.
Texting is fine, athough I really suggest changing the keyboard for the HTC IME MOD
Don't expect the phone to be overly loud, because if you notice that little hole above the mic. Thats the speaker so if its in your pocket it can muffle the sound.

These are just my complaints though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones