• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xposed Installer

jamos316

Jul 19, 2011
Sweden, Gothenburg
have just installed xposed. Have installed the framework then rebooted my phone. After reboot when I go to modules from the xposed menu it shows a red message at the top telling me that 'the latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you install the framework and reboot?'.
What am I doing wrong, this method has worked for me in the past.

have now got a bigger problem...i uninstalled my current version of xposed installer & installed an older version found on 4shared. I went to install framework then rebooted. the phone now stays on the OS startup screen (Lewa boot animation).
I need a way to revert, and no i didn't make a backup.
can i install the same rom over the top without wiping?

Upvote 0
Xposed - General info, versions & changelog - xda-developers
In case you get into a boot loop:
First, try using the safemode by pressing any hardware key repeatedly. You can find a short explanation how it works here.
If that doesn't work, you can flash the attached Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip by Tungstwenty. It will be copied to your (external) SD card when you install Xposed as well. The only thing it does is copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process, which you can also do yourself (e.g. with adb shell in recovery mode).
The file may already be on your phone. You can also download it in that post if you are an xda forum member. If not, you can use the attachment here.

Attachments

• Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0
ok i have been doing a bit of research & the sites ive been looking at instruct me to boot into safe mode by power on then immediately hold both volume up & down keys until menu loads. a basic menu loads. unfortunately as my phone is chinese the menu that loads is chinese & can not work out what menu i should go into to flash the zip file.
is there any hope :S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones