• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root yay just rooted!

I'm only suggesting that because you already know that it is compatible with clockwork. I'm just trying to get you up and running. You could try something different though if you don't need your phone up and running right away.
alright then, im off the store to get an adapter for my sd card. my wife works at office depot. how convienient is that? lol on a lighter not papadroid my trackball is semi working now for some reason. i cant scroll down but i can scroll up weird huh? ok im off to see the wizard wil be back

Upvote 0
so i just rooted it up. using plain jane now; tried evil eris 3 before but i went to plain jane just because i saw it had the OTA update from a week ago. so i mean, i'm playing with set CPU and overclocking (set to 710) and idk i guess it's a little smoother....

but the number one thing i thought would go away with rooting/overclocking didn't: text lag. the keyboard lag is just as bad with no improvement, causing all my typing to look like horrible gibberish. using better keyboard. turning off vibrate/predictive does NOTHING. ughhh.

what other fun can i have with a rooted phone now? i like the whole idea of so many roms, but i don't want to have to keep wiping my data clean and re-doing alllllllll my settings every time i want a new rom. do you always have to factory reset/wipe when you flash a new rom?

Mine got better when I nocked it up to 768. Keyboard lag that is. Also give it some time to settle. And if you have Apps2sd put your keyboard on the phone memory not sd card.

I am using white widow and text lag is mostly gone except a slight amount in gvoice. But it was horrid before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones