• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You can order the EVO on the Bestbuy website right now

Best buy appears to be letting me order these even though I am still in contract and am not eligible for an upgrade - just says contract renewal (which is fine). I haven't ordered yet, but will something (like a huge bill) come to bite me in the butt later if I order one to replace my hubby's (still in contract) Hero?

=)

Upvote 0
Best buy appears to be letting me order these even though I am still in contract and am not eligible for an upgrade - just says contract renewal (which is fine). I haven't ordered yet, but will something (like a huge bill) come to bite me in the butt later if I order one to replace my hubby's (still in contract) Hero?

=)

I wasn't eligible for an upgrade and SO FAR, I haven't gotten a huge bill. We shall see when July's bill comes in!

Reactions: featherz
Upvote 0
When I go to order it appears that the phones will be shipped from Sprint and we all know Sprint doesn't have any. Is there anyone who has actually gotten their phone shipped from Best Buy after ordering it online?

I called the three BB in my area and all of the are out of the EVOs and one even said they are still working on getting the Pre-orders.

Upvote 0
If they're on-line, that usually means they are or will soon be in the stores. Call around and find a store who doesn't use waiting lists. I called several places and there are folks who still have several weeks before they get their phone. If they're nice, they'll even tell you when the shipment is expected so you know when to show up.

I just found a BB yesterday who got a large order in that same day and only sells them on a first come first serve basis. No waiting for me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones