• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help you know that tab in the battery compartment that says "PULL"?

backwater

Jul 14, 2010
Well I pulled that and the whole plastic sheet off when I got my phone because... that's what I thought I was supposed to do. Now that my phone is unable to turn off for some reason and freezing up, I tried to remove the battery, only to realize that I was not supposed to pull that thing off, it was there to remove the battery. Now I guess I can never remove the battery? Or am I wrong?
this sucks.

Well, I suppose after all these years, there is a truism to this: RTFM!

Don't worry, you can still get it out with a butter knife :)

Hah! I was actually reading the little "getting started" guide or whatever came with the phone but just assumed they left that part out, so i yanked it... i yanked the uh, the thang (sorry, couldn't resist the quote). I was able to pry the battery out with a staple remover on the end of a mini stapler. That tape idea sounds good, thanks.

Upvote 0
I almost did the same thing, the do not cut was the only thing that stopped me. I figured if I wasn't supposed to cut it, then maybe it was there for a reason. Then I thought, lets see if It works with the battery in it first. LOL OH that is what that is for, thank goodness I didnt hank...LOL

and who ever reads a M, WTF are they good for these days :)

Upvote 0
Hah! I was actually reading the little "getting started" guide or whatever came with the phone but just assumed they left that part out, so i yanked it... i yanked the uh, the thang (sorry, couldn't resist the quote). I was able to pry the battery out with a staple remover on the end of a mini stapler. That tape idea sounds good, thanks.

I was worried that I'd break the tab also, so I did a very basic "droid x remove battery" search and found this, which helped significantly: DROID X - Can't remove battery

Upvote 0
I did the same thing...luckily I hadn't thrown anything away so I put them both back in (mine and my husband's X) after reading on here a response from one of my previous posts! Thank you for your help by the way! Felt like an idiot but the whole "pull do not cut" warning did not help my idiotic brain!:p

Oh, and my husband calls his Droid- slabadroid (because of the size obviously)...which is being replaced. His is doing all kinds of goofy things and I REALLY wanted him to have a good experience as it is his first smart phone...he's a little technically challenged...knows everything inside out about sound systems, cars and medical stuff but the phone? Nada...a big zero.

Upvote 0
I thought I was supposed to pull it out as well. I ended up pulling a little out and then stopped, went on google and typed in "tab on Droid X battery" and came to a thread(I think on this forum) of people saying that you're supposed to keep it in and that it's used to pull the battery out, hah!

Bad labeling on behalf of Motorola.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones