• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You probably have a swype beta account

I don't have to re-select swipe after reboot. I read the thread and rebooted to find that it worked just fine. version 2.15.56.14870.t100
Version 2.15?? I just d/l a new version and it's 2.10.52.13753.t100 What the heck?

Edit: I just logged into my account and uninstalled everything.. reinstalled and now I have the same 2.15 version. Whew.. thanks.

Upvote 0
Just got inducted to Swype today!! Timing of the e-mail couldn't have been better, the day after I switched from my Samsung Captivate (stock Swype) to the DINC (is that the correct lingo? I'm new).

I don't know if it's the improvement of the new beta over the stock Swype, or the combination of Swype with HTC Sense, but straight out of the box, without even having reviewed the bells and whistles, I already like it much better.

Notably, it swypes well, but when I elect to TAP out text, the new Swype also TAPS well (without mistaking my gestures for swyping).

Upvote 0
I got the invite this week, and installed the installer and the app. Used it yesterday fine. Today after reboot, it has disappeared from my app list. Went to App Brain and it was listed, so tried to run, and got message that it was "unexecutable" So it is the second time I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Not sure why this is happening. Because it's beta?

Upvote 0
I got the invite this week, and installed the installer and the app. Used it yesterday fine. Today after reboot, it has disappeared from my app list. Went to App Brain and it was listed, so tried to run, and got message that it was "unexecutable" So it is the second time I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Not sure why this is happening. Because it's beta?

I had to go back to the Swype Installer after reboot and it suggested I Enable Swype. Worked after that.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the beta two days ago. Yesterday it stopped working in the middle of the day so I did a reboot and it worked again. This morning it stopped working, rebooted, doesn't work still. My swiftkey trial is now over so I'm back to using the HTC keyboard. Swype has been my favorite so far and I'm very frustrated that it doesn't work!

Upvote 0
I received the beta invite as well. I had a non-expiring version already that worked flawlessly. I did uninstall it and download the beta invite version and so far it has worked flawlessly as well. Only thing that sucks is having to re-build the library of non-supported (installed) words again.

Upvote 0
So the SkyRaider ROM I use has the Gingerbread keyboard included, which I find super accurate and easy to use. I had lost a little luster with Swype because it was inconvenient to find a hacked version every time they upgraded and I didn't like the way it handles numbers (I don't want 25 every time I press 2 just because last time the 2 was trailed by a 5).

So the number thing is fixed in ver 2.15, but I've kinda gotten past the hype of Swype, and I mentioned it in a thread yesterday. Low and behold, last night there is an invite to take place in the beta program.

Coincidence? Yes, probably, but I will never know for sure.

I'm running the same thing but i prefer swype still.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones