• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube app always buffering, doesnt play when I want, no cache, and crashes...

antihomie

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
Back in the day my videos used to be able to play almost instantly and never have to buffer. That is far from the case now. Even with full bars and lowest quality videos NEVER make it through. That, surprisingly, i can deal with. My major problem is that there is no control over the videos. If they stop to buffer it will not let me resume the video till it feels it is ready, if I scroll back to replay a part of the video that is ALREADY loaded it feels the need to stop and reload the whole video as well as when it is finished and I replay it. Why is there absolutely no cache at all. It is painfully frustrating considering the load times... Is this a problem for everyone or just me? I cannot seem to re-instal or update the app either.

Thanks for the help guys!!
Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones