• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube hates me :(

I just switched from the T-Mobile G1 to the Sprint HTC Hero and I have to say that the YouTube app is horrible. 95% of my videos display "Sorry, this video cannot be displayed." A friend of mine still has a G1 and when I was with her last night sitting next to her with my Hero we both searched the same videos none of mine played all hers did, embarasssing!! What is going on? I am regretting the switch!!!!

Upvote 0
Well I noticed that my youtube app never worked at all. But I do have a workaround thats works great for me. Type in m.youtube.com and bookmark it. I can view any video this way. I tried youtube.com/mobile but that never loads up i get a error message instead. If i'm in the youtube app i can only watch videos that ive seen before using m.youtube.com. I hope this helps until there is a real fix to the youtube issues.

Upvote 0
For me the problem doesn't seem to be with the Youtube app, since it works just fine on a number of Android phones. It even works on my Sprint Hero, as long as I use wifi. But it NEVER has worked using the sprint network. Meanwhile, Sprint points the finger at HTC, and HTC points the finger at Sprint. So we're stuck. Hopefully the Android 2.0 will iron this out...

Upvote 0
For me the problem doesn't seem to be with the Youtube app, since it works just fine on a number of Android phones. It even works on my Sprint Hero, as long as I use wifi. But it NEVER has worked using the sprint network. Meanwhile, Sprint points the finger at HTC, and HTC points the finger at Sprint. So we're stuck. Hopefully the Android 2.0 will iron this out...

Just tried using youtube app on my wifi, and it does work. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I've installed Fresh Rom 1.1 ( no flash fix yet ), and used to use the Dolphin browser. After rooting, Dolphin wouldn't play youtube, so I went back to the stock browser. It worked much better, although it won't play certain videos at times, and I think that has to do with videos that were uploaded in HD. And, this is all without doing the m.youtube.com option. Also, I very seldom use wi-fi, so I'm getting videos through 3G.

It does seem that although we all buy the same phone, each user seems to have different "problems", that most likely have to do with the area you live in, and the connection strength you get. Until this weakness is solved in the Android OS, I'm not going to brag about my phone being an iPhone killer.

Upvote 0
I dont usually have a problem if I am using Wifi AND I dont click on "Related Videos" the ones that show after your original video stops playing. Thats when I notice the problem the most. Sticking to this method I am able to watch 90 percent of videos without issues.

Now with wifi off, it almost never works regardless of the video.

Upvote 0
ok here's a hypothetical...there's a youtube type of adult material site who's web address shall not be named I can go to it and see video's flawlessly. Is there a difference between that and actual YouTube? I figured it was just YouTube having issues not playing.

That's not the same, the problem isn't with YouTube itself...it's the YouTube App. Go to m.youtube.com and it works fine. So, I just created a shortcut to the mobile version of youtube on my home screen.

Upvote 0
Using a Samsun Galaxy here with Galaxo by Drakaz...

People keep saying it works fine on m.youtube.com but as it might for some the reality is it doesn't for most.

I've browsed a 10000 forums and I see the same thing everywhere...
People can't use Youtube.

Personally I've had this problem on my Android 1.5 from december onward after my first official Firmware update from Samsung (and the only one god save us).

Though I'm running Galaxo now the problem the problem persists.
I cannot watch any Youtube videos..

The problem is not with the App it's either with Android itself or with Youtube.. both being products of google I'd say they should fix it..

If things like this keep occuring they'll never even come close to threatening iPhone's dominance of the market...

Upvote 0
This is such a joke where htc/google/youtube drop the ball and make whats supposed to be one of the hottest android phones and then google about 3 months later changes the format of it's videos and all the Htc android users are left in the dark. I understand lag and some of the other small things but this is inexcusable. Sprint just shrugs it off as if it's a oh well type of thing. I really hope 2.1 comes out but if not I will have to think twice the next time around. Sorry fo the frustration but it has to be said. Nothing will come of it but it feels good saying it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones