• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello I recently purchased a DROID Incredible. Everything was working fine blah blah blah. Then I tried to play a video on youtube. Every video I go to play just freezes in the loading screen or when i click the video. It eventually force quits or goes back to home page

I really would like to look at youtube videos on my phone but now i cant...

Welcome to the forum! :D

About the videos, I don't get it, either. It's something to do with video codecs, and the formats that they're stored in. I read somewhere that YouTube is re-encoding all their videos in a format that's supposed to be Android-compatibe ... but they do have a lot of videos, so odds are slim that what WE want to see has been handled.

It'll sort itself out sooner or later, just don't hold your breath waiting for it. :eek:

(BTW, just in case your 2nd post was intended to improve visibility - it's likely having the opposite effect. There's a function to search for threads that don't have any responses yet, and double-posting effectively causes that search to miss your thread. Now you now. ;))

Reactions: troynewell47
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones