• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Z4Root doesn't work on Sprint Galaxy Tab

I've been unable to go thru the rooting process, or even start it, and I"m sooo frustrated. I can't get a copy of SuperOneClick as the ShortFuse.org website keeps timing out and other sites I've tried are flagged by Firefox as dangerous. Of course, Z4Root doesn't work on my Sprint-branded unit. Is there another link at which I can get SuperOneClick? Thanks in advance for any help. This is a great forum full of wonderfully helpful folks. I've learned so much!

Upvote 0
Another problem (I've begun do dispair of ever getting my Tab rooted :eek:):
Downloaded Kies (v 2.0.0.110.33_25.exe), installed, and ran it. Connected my tab. An error window opened: "Unsupported connection mode alert" which said "Reconnect the device using Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. Current connection mode not supported by Kies'.

So, what do I need to do to get my Tab and Kies to talk to each other?

I have the Sprint Tab and a PC running Win 7.

Upvote 0
I've been unable to go thru the rooting process, or even start it, and I"m sooo frustrated. I can't get a copy of SuperOneClick as the ShortFuse.org website keeps timing out and other sites I've tried are flagged by Firefox as dangerous. Of course, Z4Root doesn't work on my Sprint-branded unit. Is there another link at which I can get SuperOneClick? Thanks in advance for any help. This is a great forum full of wonderfully helpful folks. I've learned so much!

Z4 root worked for me. Make sure USB debugging is turned on and do a full root. It may take a few tries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones