• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zattoo and other Live TV Apps

kindasport

Lurker
Nov 18, 2015
Hi,

I'm a newly owner of a Android based TV. For testing purposes I had a receiver from my
glass fiber provider which was so terrible looking and bad user experience that I switched it off.

Then, I tried Zattoo which was a bit better because I only had one remote control. But the problem with the app is, that HD channels are in very poor quality for the first 10 seconds. There are also other down sides - even with the premium service. The support analyzed the problem and came to the conclusion that I'll have to update the software once there will be one.. I' was quite unhappy with that answer.

As this might take some time, Is there another "receiver-less" solution I could try? I would clearly also pay for it but it needs to work properly. Wilmaa does not seem to be an option since the app is not visible on the Android TV App store. (Or is it possible to install the app through USB / apk?)

Thanks,
Dan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones