• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Blade bricked

nttoni

Lurker
Oct 11, 2011
Hello,

some days ago I installed CyanogenMod 7 to my Gen2 ZTE Blade but I was unsatisfied with it and tried to re-install the Gen2 stock ROM. However, before the installation, I totally forgot to wipe the phone and when I tried to reboot the phone after the installation, it got stuck in the operator logo at boot-up. Now I can't even access the recovery manager or bootloader mode by holding down the power and volume down buttons when booting up. I've tried every possible combination but none of them won't get me to recovery manager.

I've read some instructions on how to access the phone via usb with ADB and fastboot but I still don't know how to do this or even if it's possible, because I can't access the bootloader mode. My pc recognizes the phone, but still there is not much I can do.

I am not familiar with ADB and I am having some difficulties with it because the command prompt just pops up and then shuts down immediately. What can I do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones