• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zte imperial - Anything! plus a couple minor issues

so ive had this phone for a couple months now n i havent been able to really find any sort of information about it and no one really seems to care much either except for yall here at phandroid ive discovered that you have started in the needed direction. now for the questions..

first off im having issues with error messages saying something has stopped working, it started with "unfortunately settings has stopped working" popping up everytime i ended a phone call, now it randomly pops up at any given random time and says "unfortunately google text-to-speech services has stopped working" both of which show up in a box that has two options "ok" or "send report" both of which make the message go away but whether i send a report or ignore it nothing really seems to be happening or going wrong but the messages keep coming up.... what ze hell??

secondly, i am interested in rooting my phone but no body has succesfully done it (or lived to tell about it?? haha) or at least made a post about how to.

any and all help with my phone would be awesome, tips tricks suggestions? maybe a cyanogenmod that i can load up?

Hi Tweekalmighty420,

First of all the "unfortunately google text-to-speech services has stopped working" has been a problem to me as well on the imperial (named Apollo in build.prop)

I had to uninstall the google update, but can't remember which one. That was only a temp fix though, as google play kept updating it again.

Rooting this phone is easy and safe for the most part (depending on what the user does :flute:.

I've used the easiest --- srsroot (srsroot.com) -- or OneClickRoot although it didn't except the model.

Not sure of any custom roms for our model. But please remember. if you need to chmod anything through adb shell, normal fies are chmod 644 and SYSTEM files HAVE to be chmod 755.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones