• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Warp either reboots, freezes, or launcher force closes

I've had my Warp for a couple of months now, and this has been a problem from the beginning. I started out using the ADW launcher, as it's what I had on my LG phone and I love it, but it finally was force closing and restarting the launcher itself literally every few minutes. I finally gave in and switched back to the basic (ick) launcher, and while not happening nearly as often, it still restarts itself several times a day. Also, the phone itself has a bad habit of freezing so completely that I have to take the battery out in order to reboot it, or it will simply reboot itself for no apparent reason. The main reason I switched from the LG was the increased internal storage, RAM, processing speed, etc...but I was able to run my Elixer Widgets and ADW launcher program just fine on the LG (just no room for much else), whereas now I have plenty of room but a really basic phone that isn't very reliable and won't run all the widgets I had come to rely on. Ideas? Help? I hate to have to do a factory reset, especially when I'm not convinced it will help. Ditto with any updates from the ZTE website...

I would try to get a custom ROM to fix the reboots. This is happening because the phone has to many apps running in the background and RAM is completly full. It happens alot with many phones that have alot of bloatware on them. Another suggestion is to try ADW EX... I would also try a auto memory killer... or overclocking... to fix your freezing problems.

Upvote 0
this problem happens to me too very often, but i was using ICS launcher, everytime i rotate my phone the launcher restarts, i resolve the problem using go launcher ex, and i tried to close the running apps after i used them, those things help me a lot almost no freezing or restarts, and problems with launcher just stopped

Upvote 0
I think that almost everyone who has this phone has the same problems, I know I do, I really love this phone and I hate to get a different one but I have to come to face the facts, there just is not enough people out there that are interested in creating apps for third phone, or trying to fix the problems that this phone has. So I think that it may be time to set this wonderful phone up on the shelf and get a Diff phone from boost, like that L.G. Phone they have, and use it until the warp gets fixed, and it gets more people interested in apps for it. And I hate to have to even think about doing that to this phone. I like the warp very much. I don't mean for this message to discourage anyone else at all, I just wish that there was more purple who liked the phone, besides our little warp community. Anyway I'm just one person with my oppion. Even if I DOO get another phone from boost, I will not give up on the warp, I will keep it until everything is just the way I like it. And I don't think thats to far off. Because of the great devs who are already working on the warp, great work so far, all of you. You all are great people for doing what you do best, create apps. I thank you ask for everything that you have done.

Upvote 0
I've had this issie with my phone for a bout 2 months now. It will randomly restart itself and I'll have to reboot again or I won't receive any text messages. If anyone can help with this issue.. It would be greatly appreciated.
Have you updated the firmware to the newest for reboots,and try updating the PRL for your frozen texts.if that don't work then you got a lemon and send it back for repair or replacement.

Reactions: slayne77
Upvote 0
I would try to get a custom ROM to fix the reboots. This is happening because the phone has to many apps running in the background and RAM is completly full. It happens alot with many phones that have alot of bloatware on them. Another suggestion is to try ADW EX... I would also try a auto memory killer... or overclocking... to fix your freezing problems.

There is to be no mention of pirating apk on this forum mods will crack down on it as for your problem a custom ROM would be a good choice theres.3 to choose from as.of now dont use task killers they do more harm then good

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
You are not alone. I have been having these exact same problems with my Warp since I got it way back in early December. And just to let you know, factory resets will NOT make a bit of difference!! I've already given up on the device. I'm going back to Virgin Mobile to get the HTC Evo V 4G when it comes out this week!! :)

Upvote 0
This is the worst phone created! I just switched from Boost all together because of this phone!! Last week i did a HARD REBOOT and it fixed ALL THE PROBLEMS!

Turn off phone, hold down the POWER BUTTON and the VOLUME UP Botton until the RESET Screen comes up, SELECT THE WIPE OUT Button by using volume up and down, select using CAMERA BUTTON, then SCROLL TO YES and then REBOOT NOW... You will have to redownload everything but ISSUE Should be gone all together

NO NEED for custom ROMS or ROOTS

Upvote 0
a custom ROM might help, check out mine (n00b ROM), wcs, unitology or shinjitsu... there are many more too... the root of the issue is probably either hardware or software, many of us have been around since the warp came out and have found the stock software to be the issue, hence the custom ROMs that have been developed... the phone is low end so there will always be some issues, but I think the ROMs are helping to minimize those issues.

and, there is always a back out plan if you end up finding the custom ROM does not improve, you can return your phone to it's stock settings easily and then return the phone to boost or zte (under 30 days you can return to boost for a replacement, under a year you can return to zte for repair (one year warrenty))

hope you find a good solution, it can be a decent phone once you get it working reliably.

it may never be a great phone for gaming though, the specs just aren't that great.

Upvote 0
This is the worst phone created! I just switched from Boost all together because of this phone!! Last week i did a HARD REBOOT and it fixed ALL THE PROBLEMS!

Turn off phone, hold down the POWER BUTTON and the VOLUME UP Botton until the RESET Screen comes up, SELECT THE WIPE OUT Button by using volume up and down, select using CAMERA BUTTON, then SCROLL TO YES and then REBOOT NOW... You will have to redownload everything but ISSUE Should be gone all together

NO NEED for custom ROMS or ROOTS

It won't always fix the issue. Sometimes there are more underlying problems or maybe it will come back in time. We understand your frustration although we're glad you solved the issue.

A lot of ROMs are created for issues that we originally had as Mr BoBo said but then again they do it for small tweaks to further help the potential for our phones. A lot of people don't like the stock apps or the way things just look in general. I suppose its all about preference or what you want your phone to do.

Upvote 0
I think that almost everyone who has this phone has the same problems, I know I do, I really love this phone and I hate to get a different one but I have to come to face the facts, there just is not enough people out there that are interested in creating apps for third phone, or trying to fix the problems that this phone has. So I think that it may be time to set this wonderful phone up on the shelf and get a Diff phone from boost, like that L.G. Phone they have, and use it until the warp gets fixed, and it gets more people interested in apps for it. And I hate to have to even think about doing that to this phone. I like the warp very much. I don't mean for this message to discourage anyone else at all, I just wish that there was more purple who liked the phone, besides our little warp community. Anyway I'm just one person with my oppion. Even if I DOO get another phone from boost, I will not give up on the warp, I will keep it until everything is just the way I like it. And I don't think thats to far off. Because of the great devs who are already working on the warp, great work so far, all of you. You all are great people for doing what you do best, create apps. I thank you ask for everything that you have done.

I feel like boost mobile is half of the problem with my zte warp.

Upvote 0
Hi All,
The fix to this is to use a 600 MilliAmp AC charger not the one that ships with the unit which is 700. The 700 (sometimes written as .7) causes the ZTE Warp to overheat. I use the USB charger that came with my Plantronics M50 Bluetooth headset. No more freezing problems. Alternately you can charge via the computer since USB is a lower voltage than the AC adapter. Obviously not mounting/unmounting correctly the SD card can cause freezing problems too, but this is true of all Android phones.
The music player weirdness is a bug. I think it may be fixed by pushing clear data in the generic music player.
Thanks. God bless.
Aaron.

Upvote 0
Jams up memory n runs the phone to hot n I feel also its the bootmobile firmware causes it to I suggest rooting ur phones with a supported rom of choice n don't run to many programs at once stay away from AP killers it uses more resources n jams up quicker n also back u brightness settings down some it generates heat n shuts down to protect the deice n urself from Burns or exploding battery hit thanks if this helps out thank my friend n good luck

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with my ZTE Warp cellphone. I know very little about MODs and hear that it can void the warranty. What Mod do I use?? I am not under waranty because I bought it used on E-bay.

Since its voided anyways, root away! :D

I'm currently making a rom bible in the all things root sub forum, I would check it out ;) its incomplete, but most of it is finished, and it also includes a few tips in the second post. I'll be adding on to it tonight if I get the chance.

I suggest Warp OEM, SkinnyHALO, HaloBean, or DroidSmith for a first time rooter. There is a detailed guide that will help you with the root process as well as help you with installation of custom roms, as well as the great community we have which is always here to help :)

If you need anything just post in the appropriate thread and we'll help you get rid of the crap that comes preinstalled on these phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones