• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 V.5 Stock Mod - Debloated - No Gapps

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
MODIFIED STOCK ZV6 Final - Debloated​

This is a modified version of ZV6 Stock deodexed Rom.​

Changes Include :​

Advanced Power Menu For Reboot,Hot Reboot and Recovery​

Themed Stock App Icons​

Original LG Boot and Shutdown with Audio​

Screen DPI mod for more spacious screen​

Themed Status Bar​

G2 Tweaks Installed​

Xposed Installed​

New Themed Stock Messenger (New Backgrounds For Conversations)​

Fully Modified Weather and Weather Widgets​

New Lockscreen wallpapers accessed via settings,lockscreen​

Debloated System Apps​

Debloated System Fonts​

Debloated System Media Files​

Native Move Apps To External Storage Plus Native Permissions For Apps To Use External For Downloaded Files,Etc...​

Adreno Gaming Mod​

Native Multitasking Accessible Via Settings : long press back button to use.​

Slide Aside​

New QSlide Icon Sets​

Status Bar Glass Transparent​

Full Lock Screen Effects​

Modded LG Launcher​

Gauge Battery Mod 1% Increment​

Built In Windows Drivers ISO​

Center Clock Mod​

Many Other Changes​

Installing:​

Reboot to twrp recovery.​

Wipe Cache,Dalvik-cache,Data,System,Internal Storage.​

Install rom.​

Reboot.

Once rebooted,download AlarmClock apk below and copy to system/priv-app folder overwriting original. Fixes alarm not going off. Use any root capable file manager to copy over the app.​

Credits go out to :​

Shapeshifter499 for the ZV6 Deodexed rom base that I used to create the Stock ZV6 mod.​

Hash Brown for Adreno Gaming Mod​

------------​

Downloads:​

Extras and Addons :​

Weather Black Semi Transparent : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023708572

Lockscreen Update Adding Squared Icons,Animated Weather Settings,Rotation,auto hide carrier,and Hidden Widgets. See below for download in attachments

Added LGAlarmClock.apk Fix. Download In Attachments Below. Copy To System/Priv-App,Reboot.​

Google Apps Downloads can be found here : opengapps.org/

Untitled-1.jpg Screenshot_2015-12-21-09-51-10.png Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-59-05.png Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-59-22.png Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-59-29.png Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-59-38.png Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-59-44.png

Attachments

• Lockscreen_Update.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 4,760
  • LGAlarmClock.apk
    8.4 MB · Views: 3,798
Last edited:
I will be doing more in the area of themeing and maybe decompiling to add some mods. But to be honest g2 tweaks adds all the essentials so no real reason to change that. As for the status bar transparency with the Xperia launcher,there are other variants that do have that support but this is the most advanced of them all. Has as many features as nova launcher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay...so....is it NO GAPPS (in title) or is it debloated GAPPS (in OP)?
Which gapps package you recommend, pico or?

Edit: line 234 of build.prop (lcd density = 200). Also can lines 231 & 232 be deleted, you took out itson????

I know you worked hard on this, just trying to help you get all of your ducks in a row. Will test later and give feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
itsonuid.apk is still in the system in priv-apps. i did remove connections optimizer...what garbage that is. i will edit the op for the true lcd density at 200. could have swore i left it at 220,although 200 is even better lol. if you add gapps you will eventually get nagged for the zv6 update. but any aosp 4.4.2 gapps package should work ok.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
you mean the direction arrows for the browser? not following you exactly. if its the browser back forward arrows to the left of url bar. honestly i dropped the stock browser in there pretty much for same reason i did the stock file manager...just to be there until users can add their options for those two. most people use a third party browser and file manager. so those are get by until you add your own options which can be deleted after adding what you want to use instead.

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
you mean the direction arrows for the browser? not following you exactly. if its the browser back forward arrows to the left of url bar. honestly i dropped the stock browser in there pretty much for same reason i did the stock file manager...just to be there until users can add their options for those two. most people use a third party browser and file manager. so those are get by until you add your own options which can be deleted after adding what you want to use instead.
Once attachment picture is selected, there is a white arrow on each side of the photo for chosing previous or next photo. At the top of the pucture was an arrow and a X.
Since switching DPI around just now, i can't get the arrows to return (stupid BS). Maybe after another reboot they'll show back up.

Upvote 0
Update
  • Unlinked all apps
  • Made separate nandroid backups up each partition
  • Complete wipe
  • Flashed ROM
  • Rebooted (see attached pic - shows boot.img being installed??)
  • Flashed boot from OP (just in case, i had uno kernel installed)
  • Rebooted
  • Set phone up
  • ##72786# to acquire data connection, then activate from settings (hands free didnt start)
  • Installed Xposed framework
  • Reboot to recovery to restore data nandroid (something happened during this step - no log file :()
  • Automatic phone factory reset (GRRR!!!)
  • ##72786#, blah blah again
  • Installed Xposed and modules
Now its stable. Seems pretty rock solid. Great job @Curtis1973. There a few things I'll change to make it more me (thats just me :) )
Will this run stable with uno kernel?

I havent changed anything yet....do you need testing on anything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones