• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

12/08 - Is it a pipe dream at this point?

I spoke with a VZW Rep a few days ago on the phone (tech support). For a issue with another phone. After our business he went into the typical 'hey you have a phone with an upgrade available' I told him I'm waiting for the G Nex.His reply
"Yes, you and everyone else, I can only tell you it's coming but hey... Have you seen the RaZor? It's thin, the specs are ...., blah blah"

This has happened to me 3 times in the past 3 weeks. One time was even just a marketing call trying to get me to sign a contract extension with no new phone and their offer was $200 extra minutes, because "it's the holidays, and I would be talkng to friends and family more this time of the year."
Every time I tell them, I'm waiting on the Nexus, they always ask what I know about the phone, so I'm usually pretty vague, it's got a big screen, ICS, really fast. And everytime they tell me that I should try the RAZR or Rezound because outside of ICS they're also really fast with a bigger screen than my Inc2.
Telesales people make me laugh!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones