1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"12 hour battery life playing 720p video"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Dec 21, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

If it can hit 12, or even 10hrs of straight video play ... does that mean "real world" use would be much, much higher?

If i use a tablet anything like i use my laptop, or cell phone, it will spend half its battery life sitting in standby.

What can be expected under such conditions? Anyone had theirs for a few days and can give some insight?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jdbaker82

jdbaker82 Well-Known Member

I found nothing lasts as long as it says so I would give it 5-6 hours if that.

3. rsarno

You missed the point of my question. It says 12hrs with constant video usage. Even if its realistically half that, so 6hrs.

does that mean 3x or 4x that much if you dont use it for constant video playing?

4. vincey2kr1

vincey2kr1 Newbie

Doubt it will, I'm getting about 7 to 8 hours of heavy Web surfing before battery dies on normal mode which is not bad. Average couple of hours more with the ipad2.

5. johnd09

johnd09 Lurker

Has anyone tried putting it in power saver mode? That is what they got their 12 hrs of video playback from. It under clocks the quad cores and uses the companion core more. should make a big difference. Mine comes in tomorrow so i will try it.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Here is Engadget's review.
    ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime review -- Engadget

10:17 of battery time and with dock 16:34, I'm totally cool with that. My ipad 2 battery life lasted forever. I would go days between charging, with low to medium usage.

I know this review is not real life but a review none-the-less.

Lohung likes this.
  7. rsarno

to answer my own question I am running my own test. I installed Battery Left .. not optimized for tablets but I like the method of calculation. fully charged then recalibrated battery left.

I'm unplugged and using the tablet somewhat lighter than usual, nut I'm at 91% still.

at this rate BL is showing a full life per charge of 148hrs

which will obviously change up or down, but this is initially impressive.

ps, I do surfing + emails + apps . typically no movie watching.

8. theandies

theandies Android Enthusiast

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews