• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"12 hour battery life playing 720p video"

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
If it can hit 12, or even 10hrs of straight video play ... does that mean "real world" use would be much, much higher?

If i use a tablet anything like i use my laptop, or cell phone, it will spend half its battery life sitting in standby.

What can be expected under such conditions? Anyone had theirs for a few days and can give some insight?

Thanks

Here is Engadget's review.
Yes, wow. Pity the Engadget editor who had to babysit this thing while it ran unplugged, looping through our battery drain test for hours and hours. ASUS says the Prime's 22Wh pack should last a maximum of 12 hours without the dock and indeed, it squeezed out an impressive 10 hours and 17 minutes in our battery rundown test, which involves looping a video with the brightness fixed at 50 percent and WiFi on but not connected. That's a scant nine minutes short of what the iPad 2 accomplished in the same test, a difference that could just as well swing the other way should we test these two a second time. This was also running in standard power mode -- upshifting to economy mode likely would have delivered an even more longevous result.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime review -- Engadget

10:17 of battery time and with dock 16:34, I'm totally cool with that. My ipad 2 battery life lasted forever. I would go days between charging, with low to medium usage.

I know this review is not real life but a review none-the-less.

Reactions: Lohung
Upvote 0
to answer my own question I am running my own test. I installed Battery Left .. not optimized for tablets but I like the method of calculation. fully charged then recalibrated battery left.

I'm unplugged and using the tablet somewhat lighter than usual, nut I'm at 91% still.

at this rate BL is showing a full life per charge of 148hrs

which will obviously change up or down, but this is initially impressive.

ps, I do surfing + emails + apps . typically no movie watching.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones