• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories $13 eBay accessory package review

Bought this package about couple weeks ago.

Case: It's decent. Two piece front ring and back snap together design. Obviously not rock solid, but the cutouts for the buttons/port are perfect. The rubber texture is also perfect. Basically a plastic feel with the smallest hint of rubbery. After a couple weeks digging it in and out of my pocket...I think half of people will think it's great and half will think it's too big. It really doesn't add a ton to the phone, but just having the evo itself in my pocket is pretty large.

Screen protector: Pretty good quality! I was probably most surprised with this. It was very easy to apply and came with all the installation helper tools. Not even the smallest piece of lint or bubble under mine. And the case snaps over top of the protector's edges to kinda "lock" it on and keep it from peeling back. The finish is not hazy in the least. I do think it adds some glare to the screen when using it in sunlight though. My biggest complaint is that my screen is no longer ultra smooth when I drag my finger across it during Swype. But I think ANY screen protector will yield the same results there.

USB cable: Better than I have gotten for other phones off eBay. Solid. Fits great. Don't see this letting me down any time soon.

HDMI cable: Haven't used it yet, but the quality is the same as the USB cable. Should work outstanding.

Wall charger: Again decent. Not as nice as the OEM charger, but hey. I know it will work for awhile to come. I'll keep it in my luggage so I never forget my phone charger on vacation. :)

Car charger: I would say this is the lowest quality item in the package. The cig lighter plug seems light and cheap. The coiled cord is kinda funny in that when you stretch it out, it doesn't really recoil back too well. haha But hey, keep it stashed in the car for emergencies. If you use your car charger every day, then I'd buy a different one. But I think most people don't.

All in all.... WELL worth the $13 shipped.

Reactions: shmn

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones