1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

16g micro sdhc Class 6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by v01rider, Jun 3, 2010.

1. v01rider

v01rider Android Expert

what brands should i stay away from? lookin on amazon and see some for 45-50 bucks and others upwards around 100. ive only purchased sandisk's for my previous phones (2b and 8gb).

thanks in advance!

2. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

3. v01rider

v01rider Android Expert

4. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

5. hyabusha

hyabusha Newbie

Got my Kingston 16GB Class 10 In hand. $89.99

6. v01rider

v01rider Android Expert

excellent! :cool:

7. criccio

criccio Newbie

So happy I payed $25 shipped for my 16GB Class 2. a CrystalDiskMark benchmark shows its read/write speed is WELL over anything the phone can subject it to. Class 6 cards are useless for phones.
    [​IMG]

Complex757, overclock and New Jersey like this.
  8. New Jersey

New Jersey Member

i got that same card in the mail.
    glad i saw the link on here to grab it cheap!

9. kinggheedora

kinggheedora Lurker

Are there any published benchmark results of SDHC cards on android phones?

10. v01rider

v01rider Android Expert

good deal. ive been running my since i posted it and have not had any problems! i have seen a difference in the class 2 to a class 6 on the droid! :D

11. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Yeah, I don't think the phone can even take advantage of class 6. It doesn't really do true hi-def recording so the speeds just not needed.

12. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Android Expert

If you're transferring files like movies/video, photos, music, etc. back and forth from your PC, then the Evo can most certainly take advantage of a class 6 card.

13. juron99

juron99 Lurker

I bought one of those Transcend 16gb mSD class6 cards 10 days ago and just now checked it out and it was dead. Nothing I put it in would read it; computer, two card readers and a printer. I now see that it has a 20% failure rate. Ordered a Kingston 16gb class 4 from Newegg with no failure rate.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews