• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 and K9 - no notifications or emails being downloaded

StoneCutter

Jan 23, 2010
I got the OTA 2.1 on April 3. I turned on live wallpapers a couple days later.

Sometime later (I can't remember if it was immediately or a couple of days later) I noticed that I was no longer getting regular email notifications in K9. It was more than just the phone not telling me a new email had shown up, it wasn't even downloading them.

Emails would come in if I manually checked, but that was it.

I turned off live wallpapers this morning to see if that was the problem, but so far, no change.

Anyone else having problems with K9 since 2.1?

Been out of town for a few days and am just now getting back to this thread.

I found the solution for my phone. I was using the latest Market release of K-9. I went to the K-9 website and updated to the 2590 build. After that, it's working smooth with no problems.

Do you have the link to that build? My K-9 is no longer deleting the messages from the server, and I am wondering if the new build would fix that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones