• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Exchange support

Pocalypse

Jan 14, 2010
Can someone with 2.1 please tell me if there are any changes/enhancements to the HTC built exchange support on the device?

I'd love to upgrade, but mine is a company phone and the IT guys would probably just take it away if I got into trouble with it.

Specifically, is any of the following changed? I expect most of these answers to be no, but any yes would be great.

1. Corporate directory: Is it possible to see phone numbers now in addition to emails? Is it still 10 menus deep?
2. Is there autosync and notifications for email subfolders?
3. Out of Office reply options?
4. Can you sync tasks?
5. Does the calendar have a week view?
6. Notifications on 1.5 only show a "new email" message, does 2.1 show sender/subject info in the notification (like gmail and txts do)?

Also, is TouchDown available on the 2.1 market, or is it protected?

Thanks!

can someone with 2.1 please tell me if there are any changes/enhancements to the htc built exchange support on the device?

I'd love to upgrade, but mine is a company phone and the it guys would probably just take it away if i got into trouble with it.

Specifically, is any of the following changed? I expect most of these answers to be no, but any yes would be great.

1. Corporate directory: Is it possible to see phone numbers now in addition to emails? Is it still 10 menus deep? Easier to get to but still no phone numbers
2. Is there autosync and notifications for email subfolders? No not that i can see you can access folders and refresh is faster than on the iphone, you also can move emails to folders, but no autosync that i can see.
3. Out of office reply options? Turn ooa on and off and change message is what you can do
4. Can you sync tasks? No but flagged emails look to be synced but it isn't working on my desire rom on the nexus one, not sure about droid eris, i don't have one.
5. Does the calendar have a week view? Yes it does
6. Notifications on 1.5 only show a "new email" message, does 2.1 show sender/subject info in the notification (like gmail and txts do)? Just tells you how many emails you have when you get more than one. Doesn't seem to give you any more details.

Also, is touchdown available on the 2.1 market, or is it protected? Have you used touchdown before....it's a decent email client, but i don't like the integration. I find htcs integration much better.

Thanks!

see answers BEHIND YOUR QUESTIONS ABOVE.

Reactions: Pocalypse
Upvote 0
I'm sure some companies will be happy to hear that.

And to make entering the passcode less annoying, I just made my passcode 4 "spaces" to allow for really quick entering.

Hi guys,

i guess there is no way to disable the pin lock feature?
i really want to use pattern unlock, but i think this is disabled after using the password setting.

is there also a way to change the frequency of lock?
it kicks in way too often

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones