• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

Lies! All lies! Verizon is like that hot girlfriend that says "No, i don't think that guy with the 6 pack is hot. I like your beer gut! Really!". You break my heart. Excuse me while i call my ex girlfriend and cry about my eris

HAHAHA. Oh my word. Fricking Hilarious! So True. No one at Verizon knows Sh** about Sh**. I feel like to get promoted there you have to show how muhc you DON'T know, because if you knew too much, you'd be overqualified... pshh. watever.

Upvote 0
Not going to be mean or anything but we all new the risks to the leak. I read and read posts about the v1 leak, and v2, and v3. Even though it said that the OTA would notice that v123 is outdated and would update our phones to the newest version I knew the risk. I have v3 on my phone, I have no problems except that I can't use any other camera except factory one. I don't run task killer or task manager don't have lag issues or anything else. If I notice problems I check my apps to see if I downloaded anything new that could cause the problem. Google Goggles has been my only problem.
Unless someone held a gun to your head and put the leak on your phone you brought this on yourself. I like my version, I use zeam as my home and not htc, and it makes my phone better.

Upvote 0
Not going to be mean or anything but we all new the risks to the leak. I read and read posts about the v1 leak, and v2, and v3. Even though it said that the OTA would notice that v123 is outdated and would update our phones to the newest version I knew the risk. I have v3 on my phone, I have no problems except that I can't use any other camera except factory one. I don't run task killer or task manager don't have lag issues or anything else. If I notice problems I check my apps to see if I downloaded anything new that could cause the problem. Google Goggles has been my only problem.
Unless someone held a gun to your head and put the leak on your phone you brought this on yourself. I like my version, I use zeam as my home and not htc, and it makes my phone better.
I agree, I am on leak v3, and have no problems with my phone at all. I am a little frustrated that some on this board, including long time members, let on that they were privy to inside information that we would still get the OTA when it came.

Still my fault. No big deal at all though. Even if my phone never gets another update it still does more than any phone I have ever had and should keep me happy for another year or so. Bottom line.....it is just a phone. I am not going to fret and stress about not getting an "official update" or any future updates.

Upvote 0
How out of warranty is this phone with the v3 leak? Some posts on this forum kinda make it seem like VZW guys won't notice.
The only difference between 2.1v3 and the OTA is the Hboot #. Now I'm no Dev or anything, but I doubt some random Verizon Rep. is going to realize the different HBoot # when everything else is the same. If they do, play dumb and state you have the OTA and you have no idea what they are talking about.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So... I've been running the v2.1 V3 leak for quite awhile and on Thursday 7/22, I got an OTA update (YES, I was shocked to see the notification)...

I don't see anyone else mentioning it but I assume I'm not the only one...

Here's my version info now:

Firmware
Baseband version
Kernel version
2.6.29-8a03cb9a
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number
2.37.605.4 CL185970 release-keys

Software number

So what did I receive? I didn't track the old info from leak V3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones