• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 + Root: No audio from internal speaker on phone

Verizon replaced mine that had this issue, and the replacement works beautifully. Upgraded to 2.2 and all is fine. Seems to be a specific hardware problem, and Verizon is willing to replace devices because of it. If you're having this issue, call and demand a replacement. Seems to be the only way to go. And I've got to say, I'm digging 2.2 on a fully functional Incredible.

Upvote 0
Verizon replaced mine that had this issue, and the replacement works beautifully. Upgraded to 2.2 and all is fine. Seems to be a specific hardware problem, and Verizon is willing to replace devices because of it. If you're having this issue, call and demand a replacement. Seems to be the only way to go. And I've got to say, I'm digging 2.2 on a fully functional Incredible.
+1.

Also, you should call VZW if you're having this problem so that they are aware that it isn't an isolated incident; and when they report it back to HTC, hopefully a patch can be created. This will help any future Incredible owners from experiencing the same issue we had.

Upvote 0

How do they handle replacements? They send you a new(refurb) and you send yours back w/ their packaging?

Upvote 0
I didn't even think about trying HTC support, I guess I thought they'd throw it back to VZW. Let us know how it goes (FWIW, I flashed back to 2.1 in the interim, relatively painless, about 20 minutes, but does wipe it clean)

That is exactly what they did to me. HTC wanted nothing to do with it except pay for a repair. Thats bs, if they have a 1 year warranty it should not have to go through Verizon. Its a HTC phone- their product- their warranty- their problem. Yet they will do nothing for me

Upvote 0
All - FWIW, I am having this issue on my LG Optimus V on Virgin Moble, which I purchased about 2 weeks ago. The odd part, for me, is that it shipped with 2.2 and it was working fine. Then, seemingly all of a sudden, it stopped working. It my have been after a reboot or after the install of a particular application, but I cannot say because I have been installing a lot of apps and cannot trace it back to one install or another if any. However, the Android OS has not been updated OTA or otherwise. Ug. This really stinks. - Mark Kamoski

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones