• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.340 availability by state/ region?

Im in phx az i was able to do the pull ota last night but everytime it would download it would reboot start unpacking then shut down and when it came back to my home screen it would say "update failed" now today im trying to pull the ota again and it keeps saying my phone is up to date but its still at 2.3.15.....do we now have to wait until it's forced to our phones?

Upvote 0
Guys this isn't a widespread release yet. It was released to certain testers who signed up on the Motorola Owner Forums. Matt from Motorola also said that a select number of "normal" users were also added in for this update.

This is the email from Motorola yesterday:

Good news – we’re ready for final testing of a new update for the Droid X software. (Not an update to the Android operating system, but an update to the current software.)

As a member of the Motorola Feedback Network, you are included in our exclusive pre-launch test of the software.

To be sure to get the software update, before you go to bed tonight, leave your Droid X turned on and plugged in.

We hope to get your feedback on the update in advance of a general distribution. We will gather feedback in two ways:

In a private forum community. Only you and other members of this test team will be able to view and access this area. Here is the link.
Through online surveys. We will distribute at least one evaluation survey after you’ve had a chance to use the update.

Your feedback helps us make decisions about general distribution and prepare for any possible issues owners may encounter. Please keep your participation in this test, the contents of the update, our communications and your feedback confidential. Do not comment on the public communities until this project is over.

Please provide all feedback in the provided community. Do not send emails to this mailbox or via PM unless requested.* Thanks!

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network and helping us improve our phones.

- Matt
Motorola Feedback Network
Motorola Owners’ Forums

This was something else added by Matt in a reply:

Some additional owners will get the update tonight, chosen at random, to augment the Motorola Feedback Members. The odds are a bit better than winning the lottery -- but only a bit.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm.... nope, I'm still getting >

publinks.png
Oops! (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones